|Moving Overseas Checklist
Tools & Guides
Check Them - At Your Present Place
- Do not forget to insure the property as soon as you buy it.
- Once you are through the deal, make sure that you have enough money to pay the Vendors, Lawyers, Notaries, and Agents.
- Arrange all the funds to get your first Mortgage repayment. If necessary, make a regular transfer from your account.
- Register with the Local Authority as a Taxpayer. If you are going to let your home, register also for Income Tax.
- Get the builders as soon as possible as they are in high demand.
- If you are planning to stay in a country for more than short breaks, get a permit for residency.
- As soon as you come to your new home, contact your Utility Providers to get Electricity, Water, Telephone and everything connected.
- Check all your appliances, like, Radiators, Boiler, Washing Machines, Lights, etc.
- If you have bought a new property, you may be able to buy a furniture pack from the property developer or else you ship your furniture and belongings using a Removal Company.
- Make a list of all the essential items that you cannot buy abroad to take out to your home, like, Cheddar Cheese, Fish Finger, Custard Powder, HP Sauce etc.
Check Them - At Your Present Place & Your New Place
- Gas Connection
- Water Connection
- Telephone - Landline, Mobile
- TV License
- Cable, Satellite & Internet Services
- Driving License
- Vehicle Registration
- Credit Card
- Savings & Bonds
- Employer Payroll
- Pension Companies
- Inland Revenues
- Home Insurance
- Building Insurance
- Vehicle Insurance
- Building Societies
- Rental or Hire Purchase
Check Them - At Your New Place
- Doctor, Optician & Dentist
- Blood Bank & Private Healthcare
- Gym or Golf Club
- Milk Delivery